Thursday, December 29, 2011

Running Strong

My running is starting to come around and I'm pleased.  I'm taking it easy for the most part and have no residual pains in my body, which is great.  I have a race I'm training for in three weeks (cold water rumble 50k) I'm super stoked about it.  I understand my body is not going to be 100% ready for the race but I'm going to give it a shot.  I wish I had another 4 weeks on top of the three I have to train but that's not the case.  I'm putting in around 40 miles a week which is low for me but my body feels good so I'm staying there at the moment.  My long runs have been around 2-3 hours long and I'm loving running them.  Some have been pretty fast and some have been relatively slower.  My attitude towards this next year is pretty positive and I can feel it.  I really wanna listen to my body it tells you something every time you run and I better start listening to it.  I've been through some pretty rough patches in running so I'm starting to understand what to look for. 

On a different note I really wanna start listening to my heart.  Your heart tells you something everyday and it can point a person in the right direction.  Here is a neat quote "don't give into your fears, if you do you won't be able to talk to your heart."  I feel this quote is true in many ways in my life.  It's the things I fear the most that bring me joy when I'm able to pursue them.  Some of the most fascinating things have happened to me when I'm scared or feared of something.  I've learned that you gotta see past that fear and really follow your heart.  Here is another neat quote "tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than suffering itself."  What I take from that is the anticipation of being hurt by something/someone is scary. In most cases the worst doesn't even happen.   It's just the fear of that happening that hurts.  Ok I'm done :)  Lets roll out some miles!!

No comments:

Post a Comment