Monday, January 9, 2012

Getting excited

I'm starting to get really excited for this 50k coming up in Mid January.  I always seems to get myself worked up about races I train for.  I'm going to try and do something different this year.  Planning on relaxing and not worrying about the outcome of the race have fun  and run my heart out.  I'm thinking the weather will be about 70 degrees and dry so I'm expecting to drink plenty of water.  I normally don't carry anything on my runs cause I don't like how it changes my gait.  I think Ill have to carry a water bottle on this one though.  My choice of energy will be (energy gel) you can get them at DRC.  My reasoning for this type of energy is they are so smooth.  You can take one and have it consumed in less than 1 min and they taste great.  If you have not tried one get the ones with 2X Caffine they will knock your socks off.  Just be careful not to take to many cause they make your face tingly.  I took 4 and later felt like there was a little monster under my skin trying to work his way out.  Maybe it was the 4 hours and 10 mins of running before I felt that I don't know.  Anyhow I'm super pumped about this race and plan to race my heart out!  Lets roll out some miles!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment