Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sunday run

Well I wasn't really sure what I wanted to do today so I ran two hours.  I wanted to run all trails but I needed some fuel to start my run so I decided to stop at the DRC Store.  Turns out they don't open until around 12 p.m., which stunk for me but life goes on.  I started down the board walk and wanted to open up the legs a bit so I did.  Ran couple faster miles at pretty much ease considering I ran 4 hours the day before.  I was working on backing off the pace a bit cause I knew it would not be smart to double long run like this.  After round 5 miles I hit the Cogg's Trials and tamed the pace due to the running conditions.  The Cogg's were pretty much unassailable but that didn't stop me I ended up running 4 miles on them slipping, sliding, falling, grabbing trees , and in survival mode.   After 4 miles I was ready to be on pavement and that's what I did.  Pounded out a couple striders to get the rust outta the legs and completed the run.  Run ended up being 2 hours 14.1 miles.  Lets roll some miles out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment