Sunday, February 20, 2011

Yesterday

Well yesterday I went solo on a long run.  I started little later in the day than usual but it was ok cause I needed the sleep.  I started out on the boardwalk worked my way to lester snowmobile trails.  My starting pace was around 7:20 per mile and I was feeling really good.  I was thinking it was a little fast but I stuck to it.  I hit the trail and my pace didn't drop much considering I was climbing uphill and on snow.  Worked my way to hawks ridge and looped around by amity creek.  I was 1:15 into my run and I needed to pick the pace up a bit more its what I had scheduled.  I settled in at a 6:08 6:18 pace and stayed there for 40 mins and I was still feeling amazing.  Its so much fun to run in a threshold pace its seems comfortable.  I cooled down for 30 mins and called it a day.  The run ended up being 20.5 miles I was happy.  I feel relatively recovered and ready for today's recover run.   I got 80 mins easy today on trails.  Heading out with Jonas and Henry and possible Dave.  Lets keep the miles rolling!!

No comments:

Post a Comment