Sunday, April 17, 2011

Aqua jogging

Ok aqua jogging is a lot harder then it sounds.  The hardest part is trying to stay focused mentally.  I watched the clock for the whole hour and it was kinda painful.  The physical end of the workout was kinda fun though.  It didn't really raise my heart rate much.  I maxed out at 100 beats per min which is not high at all.  I tried really hard to push up into the 130-140 range but just couldn't get there.  I talked with my coach Nick and he mentioned that I should be swinging my arms just as fast as my legs and that's were I went wrong.  Tomorrow is round two so the we will see what I can do.  I got a new goal in mind and that makes me excited.  It gives me something to look forward too.  I'm calling grandma's half marathon a wash and just going to run it if I'm healed by then.  I'll keep you posted on the race I'm going to run in the fall.  I'm started to feel good about the future and excited to x-train my heart out these next couple of weeks.  I do have to tell you I don't like smelling like chlorine after getting out of the pool but until I'm strong enough I'm stuck there.  Let's keep the paddling going!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment