Saturday, April 16, 2011

new outlook

Ok there has been a little bump in my training this last couple of weeks.  Training has been going really well these last months and I've been super happy with my fitness.  I know I've mentioned that my quad has been bothering me pretty bad on and off.  I've been super confused to what it could be.  I did have it looked at and it seems to be a small stress fracture on my left femur which is not the end of the world but something I have to take care of.  I have a pretty stubborn personality and I'm working on that. :)  I've come to terms that I need to take some time off no running or high impact.  I find this really hard not running mentally and physically.  It almost seems harder mentally then physically.  My plan to recovery is going to start tomorrow with some aqua jogging.  I'm planning on aqua jogging as much as I can or time permits.  I also plan on adding more calcium to my diet that should help with healing and prevention in the future.  I'm lactose intolerant so it makes it hard to consume enough calcium in my daily diet.  I feel like I'm on the right track to recovery and optimistic for the future.  I didn't race Fitgers 5k cause of the fracture which is ok cause I got to cheer on some of my best friends.  It was a different perspective watching the race on the sidewalk.  I super stoked that Gregg R placed third he ripped that race up!  I'll keep you posted on my recovery until then lets keep the aqua jogging paddling!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment