Saturday, January 29, 2011

Saturday long run

Today's run started out at Lester River.  I ran with Henry, Dave, and Tony.  Like I mentioned yesterday Tony and Dave were on snowshoes.  The footing on the snowmobile trails was really difficult today.  We got around three inches of snow and not many snowmobiles have traveled on it yet.  Tony and Dave had the cadence down  they were flying on those snowshoes.  I was having a hard time staying with them.  They were flinging snow like crazy back at Henry and I.  I had more snow on the front of me than the back.  We ended up running around 2.5 hrs maybe little shy by a min or two. 
I got a call from my coach today and I was excited to chat with Nick.  He is changing this next weeks training a little. I will be running faster on my quality days.  I will no longer have a rest day on Sunday I'll be running seven days a week which I like.  I will be pushing pace wise 6:30 min miles to 6:20 min miles on some of quality days and that makes me happy.  I'm running around 80+ miles this week and soon I'll be running around 100.  I feel good mentally and physically so I don't see these faster paces to be a problem.  The point of these faster paces is not to hurt but be comfortably hard.  I'm excited lets roll out some miles...  

No comments:

Post a Comment