Thursday, January 13, 2011

washout workout

Well today's run turned out to be pretty hard mentally and physically.  This week was going really really well until today.  I had 100 minutes scheduled today and I barely got it done.  I started out pretty slow nothing unusual for me I picked up the pace at 30 mins in and I just couldn't hang on.  In my mind I was thinking ahhh it will pass but it didn't so I backed the pace back a little thinking it would help. Well it turned out I ran the same pace as I started with.  I was going to scratch the run and hang the shoes up, but I pushed through it and finished it.  I'm glad I completed the run but also concerned why my run went sour.  I reevaluated my day and nothing unusual hydration was good, food intake was good, the only thing I could think was maybe running to fast on Tuesdays run which dragged into today's run.  I'm going to take it easy tomorrow and see how I feel after Friday.  I'm not super concerned cause I've had days like this in the past.  I just like to understand why and how I can prevent for the future workouts.  Looking forward to Saturdays run it will be my longest this year.  Planning on running on the snowmobile trails.  Lets keep the miles rolling.....

No comments:

Post a Comment