Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Chasing the sun

I started my run at Hartley Nature Center.  I had an hr and 40 mins to accomplish today easy.  I started out real easy 9 min pace and stayed the duration of the run.  It was just great to be outside again, the fresh air, the crackling snow, and the sun setting .  The footing was great, I ran in Asic ds trainers no yaks.  I slipped a little but nothing I couldn't handle.  This was my first attempt being outside sense my hip injury and it well.  I am a little sore on my right IT band.  I will be monitoring that issue the next couple of days.  Along my run I passed a couple familiar faces and gave the head tip and hello.  I also came across this deer that was in the trail just standing there looking at me.  I come across deer all the time but this one just stood there and I came right up to it.  I could have touched it with my hand and pet it.  I chose not to pet it and continued on.   If your looking for a great slow run I would recommend Hartley its just so beautiful this time of year to pass up.  I'm going roll out some more miles tomorrow on the treadmill can't wait!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment