Saturday, December 11, 2010

Focus change

Last year I focused my whole season on the 1 mile.  I training many of my workouts on the track at UMD.  I was running 1mile repeats, 800 repeats, 400 repeats and 200 repeats.  It was fun and challenging at the same time.  I like that feeling when it hurts and you just keep going.  I ended up running a 4:44 for the mile.  I was happy cause it was a PR, but I was also hoping to see that 4:39 at the finish line also.  It seems you always want more meaning faster times when it comes to running.  I gotta teach myself that a improvement is an improvement or what we runners call a PR (personnel record) but I'm hungry for more.   I'm switching things around this year and going to train for the half marathon.  I feel I got some unsettled business at grandma's half marathon.  To be completely honest I've never had a good race there yet.  I've always bonked or felt sluggish so this year I'm going to fix that.  I got a new coach Nick M that wants to work with me and I'm super super pumped.  From last Sunday to race day I will be focusing on grandma's half marathon.  My goal time...well... I'll get back to you on that or maybe never tell you until after race day when I've PR'd.:)  I will tell you my previous PR 1:16.09 Whistle Stop Half 2010.  I get kinda superstitious when I tell people times so I'm starting to keep it quiet or over shoot my time.  I'm looking forward to a great season looking forward to meeting great people along the way.  Of course looking forward to running with the great people I've met so far.     

No comments:

Post a Comment