Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Winter Mountain Biking

Last Saturday was my first time out winter mountain biking and it was great!  I headed out on the trails at lester river with Dave S my weekend worrier friend.  We started a slow steady climb for about 4 miles.  My legs were burning, burning bad I could tell Dave was ok he was leading as he usually does.  He is a much stronger biker than me so i'm ok with that cause my goal is to ride with him with the ease someday.  We made it to the top at Hawks Ridge and I couldn't fell my toes.  I'm thinking to myself I still got an hr at least until I could warm those toes up I'm screwed. :(  Well it only took another 15 mins and I noticed my toes were smoking hot and I was content.  We circled around came down Amity River and coasted back to Lester Park through the Coggs Trails.  What a great way to enjoy the day couldn't ask for a better ride!  We plan on riding on snow lots more this winter come join..

No comments:

Post a Comment