Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Nick the machine!

I went running with my coach Nick M last night.  We both had 1:45 scheduled for the workout.  We started at a 7:30 pace which quickly fell into a 6:50 6:45 pace with not much effort.  I kept glancing at my watch wondering if we should slow it down a bit but it felt good.  I could tell Nick felt good too he runs with such ease.  We made our way to 40th ave W and ripped up the hill to skyline.  I took the lead for the first half mile or so and I could here Nicks foot strike right next to me.  We hit the switch back and Nick passes me and I'm kinda like dang it :).  He passed me like I was walking slowly I couldn't let him slip away so I gave it everything I had to stay on his heals. We made it to the top and I just about bursted  into flames.  My heart rate was around 180ish I think and Nick looks at me gives me high five and says keep going run out the acid you will feel better soon.  He was right I felt really good about 1 mile later and I glanced at my watch and we were running 5:50 pace with ease.  We both laughed and said ok slow it down and lets jog this home.  The run ended up being 15.25 miles with lots of laughs and thoughts.  Thanks Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment