Sunday, March 27, 2011

Ok I got lost

I had a long run planned Saturday which was yesterday.  The rain was coming down like cats and dogs.  Jaime was willing to come with me on a bike which was really cool.  We both suited up with rain jackets and headed out for 2.5 hrs.  I made it about 6.5 miles and I noticed that my watch went dead.  I asked Jaime if she wanted to keep going or head back home.  She didn't mind staying out and I was running thoughts though my head like I'm pulling the plug.  I ended up heading back and making it my Sundays run 80 mins. 

Ok today I went for round two for the 2.5 hr run.  Jaime was willing to come with again which was great for company.  Everything was working pretty good physically on my lower half which I was happy with considering that my quad was on fire the last couple of days.  Ok here is the spooky weird part at about 10.4 miles in I decided to turn around and head home.  The road I was on didn't look the same as the one I came in on.  Here I am middle of no where lost and confused.  I stopped looked around analyzed the situation.  We both decided we would take this alternate route which ended up just looping around coming back to where we started.  Now I'm starting to get nervous so we took another road that did the same thing.  My mind was turning hard now thinking what to do.  I was thinking ok Jaime has a cell phone I'm sure and we could call her friend.  No cell phone, no numbers:(  To make a long story short the road we  were on was just this big loop and we were doing these mile loops.  We made it home safley with a mile totaling in at 20.5 miles for the day.  Overall glad I got the run in my quad feels better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment